INCIDENT RESPONSE Course
(HANDLE SECURITY INCIDENTS & SERVICES)
INCIDENT RESPONSE (HANDLE SECURITY INCIDENTS & SERVICES)
Handle Security Incidents & Services (HSIS) is one of the 3 required course for a security
licence in Singapore.
This WSQ course equips learners with knowledge and skills on how to apply procedures appropriate to situations in responding to security-related incidents.
Learners will be equipped with the knowledge and application skills in handling security incidents and
• Containing incidents of damage to facilities and equipment
• Handling fire-related incidents
• Handling crime-related incidents
• Handling medical or first-aid related incidents
• Handling bomb or IED (Improvised Explosive Device) threat incidents
• Searching, apprehending and arresting suspect
• Giving evidence in court
New entrants to the security industry
• Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) or equivalent; or
• At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings:
Full time course – 3 days - 24 hrs (9am to 6pm)
Assessment by POLWEL – 4th day (2 hours)
Part time course – 6 days – 24 hrs (6.30 to 10.30pm)
Assessment by POLWEL – 7th day (2 hours)
WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)