GUARD AND PATROL
(PROVIDE GUARD AND PATROL SERVICES)
GUARD AND PATROL (PROVIDE GUARD AND PATROL SERVICES)
Provide Guard and Patrol Services (PGPS) is one of the 3 compulsory course needed to get a
security licence in Singapore.
This course covers the essentials on carrying out guarding and patrolling duties.
Learners will be equipped with the knowledge and application skills in providing guard and patrol
• Preparing work activities
• Guarding static position
• Handling telephone calls and lost-and-found properties
• Patrolling premises
• Making reports and hand over duties
New entrants to the security industry
• Primary School Leaving Certificate (PSLE) or equivalent; or
• At least 3 WSQ Statements of Attainment in Workplace Literacy or Numeracy (WPLN) at Level 1 or 2
*Those that do not meet the entry requirements will be subjected to interview before acceptance.
Course Duration and Timings:
Full time course – 2 days - 16 hrs (9am to 6pm)
Assessment by POLWEL – 3rd day (2 hours)
Part time course – 4 days – 16 hrs (6.30 to 10.30pm)
Assessment by POLWEL – 5th day (2 hours)
WSQ Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)